Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fogcity, Two Businesses, A Cold

Talk about Raincity, they should call this place Fogcity. We have had a week of continuous fog. The sun is trying to peek out today. If it does, I fully expect people to point up and say, "What the heck is that big yellow ball!"

Speaking of this place, the thought occured to me: how long can I keep saying I'm a new Vancouverite? In April it will be two years...wow...unbelieveable. I am extremely glad I moved here. It has been very therapeutic to be involved with setting up two businesses. And of course, being a mere three blocks away from my daughter and granddaughter is also terrific. And so many good things: being close to my sister, finding a new business partner. Life is good.

So, my second business will be open next Wednesday. My partner, A. and I will be having Open House from 12:00 noon to 6:00 every day for the rest of January. I'll be taking pamphlets around to the other jewellery related businesses to try to drum up business. Anyone reading this blog is welcome to come to suite 320 - 736 Granville St. in Vancouver and see Sapphire Jewellery Studio Inc. in action. We expect our major income to be from the rental of benches and tools for jewellery makers. We have all the toys: tumblers, polishers, a gas torch for soldering, a rolling mill for making our own wire, dapping tools and so on. We even have a scroll saw and a sonic cleaner. The website is under construction.

As for my other business, Prairie Crocus Jewellery, I have an appointment on Wednesday with the buyer for the B. C. Ferries gift shops. I am hopeful that I will have some sales. I have applied to sell at Portobello West, an upscale craft market the last Sunday of every month. I'm still waiting for a reply on that.

I am home today with a bit of a cold, so I am taking it easy, napping, reading, doing some laundry. Take care out there!

Take care and TATA......and PEACE

Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning. ~Bill Gates, Business @ the Speed of Thought